Last Updated February 18, 2013
Mini Division General FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
In which age group does my child belong?
Only players in the age groups mentioned can register for Mini soccer. Children older than the age groups mentioned must register in the Youth Division.
Where do we purchase soccer clothing and equipment?
* Some department and sports stores also carry soccer clothing.
What do my summer registration fees include?
* one session per week for U3 and U4; one session per week for U5; two sessions per week for U6; two sessions per week for U8.
* U5 (once-a-week program) & registration in Dartmouth United's Soccermania Minifest (July );
* U6 (twice-a-week program) & U8 registration in the Soccermania Minifest (July),
* our popular end-of-season Fun Day, which includes summer participation medals
* Program monitoring and coaching mentorship.
* a player jersey or t-shirt (U3)
When does the summer season start?
When does the summer season end?
The season continues until Thursday, August 22nd, 2013.. .
How do we know if fields are closed?
* HRM will close the fields if they are considered unsafe. This could be due to wet weather, thunderstorm advisories, or other adverse weather conditions. Fields can also be closed for maintenance.
* You can check on field closures by accessing our website link to HRM field conditions. You can also call the HRM facility scheduling line at 490-7100 (press "2" for field conditions and "2" for East Division, which includes Dartmouth).
* Cancelled sessions will not be rescheduled.
What do mini soccer players wear in the summer?
* Jerseys are provided by Dartmouth United. Mini players will keep their jerseys at the end of the season. No jersey deposit cheque is required.
* Soccer shorts (with no pockets or zippers) and soccer socks. Dartmouth United’s team colours are royal blue and white. Although not required at the mini level, we encourage players to wear royal blue shorts and socks.
* Appropriate footwear. U3 and U4 players can wear sturdy sneakers, soccer cleats or turf shoes. U6 and U8 players must wear soccer cleats or turf shoes for safety reasons.
* Soccer shin pads are mandatory and will ensure your child doesn’t get hurt. The shin pads are worn under soccer socks.
What should we bring to outdoor soccer?
Are there washroom facilities at fields?
Do mini players have snacks after their soccer sessions?
Parents on many mini soccer teams like to have a snack time for the players after the game. Often parents take turns providing the snacks. Dartmouth United does not take responsibility for the management of these snack times or the types of food provided. This activity is organized by the team parents, and is on a volunteer basis. Parents are responsible for reporting their children’s allergies and/or food sensitivities to those who provide the snacks.
What programs are available in the winter?
* There is no mini team play in the winter.
* Skills programs are available for U6 and U8 players.
How do we know if games or practices are cancelled?
* Programs in HRM facilities - check news media for HRM cancellatons. If schools are closed for the day, they are not available for community use.
* Notices may be posted on our website, if cancellations are known in sufficient time.
* Use your own discretion when deciding whether to attend events in poor weather conditions
What do mini soccer players wear in the winter?
What should we bring to winter soccer?